Victorian ice rink operator fined | Newcastle Herald



news, national

The operator of an ice rink in the Victoria area has been fined $ 50,000 after two children were hospitalized following exposure to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. Visitors to the Winter Wonderland rink in Wodonga were ordered to leave after others developed headaches and became nauseous in June 2019. Two children, including one who passed out twice, had need oxygen treatment in hospital. A WorkSafe investigation found that carbon monoxide emissions in the exhaust fumes of an LPG-powered ice resurfacer, which was regularly used to polish the rink, exceeded recommended levels. Kenneth Charles Jensen was convicted of failing to ensure, to the extent possible, that the workplace and the means to enter and exit it are safe and without risk to health. He was fined $ 50,000 and ordered to pay costs of $ 3,752. Associated Australian Press



Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.