Top Winter Olympic figure skaters return to the ice at exhibition gala – NBC Chicago
Nathan Chen fans will be able to re-watch one of Team USA’s biggest stars at the 2022 Winter Olympics as he and other top figure skaters such as Anna Shcherbakova and Alexandra Trusova will be part of those who will perform at the exhibition gala to close the games.
The event is traditionally a fan favorite, as some of the top performers take to the ice without medals at stake, allowing them to perform in ways never before seen at the Winter Games. But not all competitors will take the ice. It gives top Olympic figure skaters the opportunity to show off their skills in a creative, unmarked event at Capital Indoor Stadium.
Here’s who, when and how you can watch the Figure Skating Showcase Gala.
Who will perform at the exhibition gala?
The lineup was released Saturday morning, with some notable names on the list.
Among them are recognizable names like Nathan Chen, who won gold for Team USA with a massive performance in the men’s individual program; Vincent Zhou, who was notably ruled out of the men’s competition due to a positive COVID-19 test; Anna Shcherbakova who won gold in the women’s program, sparking a medal moment that stunned the world; Alexandra Trusova, who nearly turned down the podium after winning her silver medal, upset that she didn’t win gold; and many other big names.
Here is the full list:
- Opening number
- Vincent Zhou (USA)
- Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier (CAN)
- Alysa Liu (USA)
- Cheng Peng and Yang Jin (CHN)
- Monsi Kvitelashvili (GEO)
- Charlene Guignard and Fabbri Marco (ITA)
- Wakaba Higuchi (JPN)
- Shoma Uno (JPN)
- Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue (USA)
- Alexandra Trusova (ROC)
- Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov (ROC)
- Boyang Jin (CHN)
- Olivia Smart and Adrian Diaz (ESP)
- Video projection show
- Second half opening performance
- Madison Chock and Evan Bates (USA)
- Keegan Messing (CAN)
- Kaori Sakamoto (JPN)
- Shiyue Wang and Xinyu Liu (CHN)
- Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN)
- Nicole Della Monica and Matteo Guarise (ITA)
- Loena Hendrickx (BEL)
- Victoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov (ROC)
- Yuma Kagiyama (JPN)
- Anastasia Mishina and Aleksandr Galliamov (ROC)
- Anna Shcherbakova (ROC)
- Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron (FRA)
- Nathan Chen (USA)
- Wenjing Sui and Cong Han (CHN)
When is the exhibition gala?
The gala is scheduled to take place on Saturday at 10:00 p.m., after the replay of the pair figure skating final.
How can you watch the event?
The event will air beginning at 10:30 p.m. CT on NBC Prime Time Plus and can also be streamed live beginning at 10:00 p.m. CT at the links below.