City of Spokane: Numerica Skate Ribbon plans to open for ice skating on November 23
Wednesday November 17, 2021 at 4:50 p.m.
SPOKANE – The Numerica Skate Ribbon is set to open to the public on Tuesday, November 23, welcoming skaters for another great winter in the park.
âIt’s now an iconic Spokane experience to skate downtown among the lights of Riverfront,â said Jon Moog, director of Riverfront Park. “Our team is focused on delivering another amazing ice skating season to include weekly specials, theme nights and entertainment throughout the park.”
âWe are delighted to invite you to join us at Numerica Skate Ribbon,â said Carla Cicero, President and CEO of Numerica Credit Union. âWe are building in our community by providing a place where families and friends can come together and create special memories. Riverfront Park is a magical place to experience this winter season.
Numerica Skate Ribbon Ice Skating Season 2021/2022
Masks will be compulsory, reservations will not be.
Opening day: Tuesday 23 November from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Preview night for holders of an unlimited ice season pass: Monday, November 22, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Unlimited passes can be purchased on site at 10% discount
- Event includes free skate rental, hot chocolate and cookies
Highlights of the program
More details will be shared on www.RiverfrontSpokane.org.
- DJ night on the ice: Strap on your âskateâ with DJ A1 for themed nights, music, lights, contests and more. Every Friday in December and January, from 6 p.m.
- Cheap skate Tuesdays: Take advantage of the free skate rental with each paid entry (value of $ 5.95).
- Ice skating lessons: Learn to ice skate with lessons from the Spokane Figure Skating Club. Coming in January and February.
- Skate for a cause: Support your favorite nonprofit with our new Skate for a Cause events. 30% of sales from the event will be donated to the cause.
- Improved lighting features: Take advantage of our new lighting upgrades, including a sound-activated LED tunnel light on ice.
Sunday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday – Saturday, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas days
Entrance (1 hour)
Adult (13 years old and over): $ 7.95 / hour
Youth (3-12 years old): $ 5.95 / hour
2 years and under: free
Tickets and passes can be purchased online or at the Numerica Skate Ribbon.
$ 5.95 / per visit (visitors can bring their own skates at no cost)
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Masks are mandatory at all times on the premises, including during ice skating, on the outdoor terrace, inside the building and in the observation area.
- Ice skaters or family groups must maintain a social distance of 6 feet from other skaters. Family groups of 5 or less can skate within 6 feet.
This press release was produced by the City of Spokane. The opinions expressed here are those of the author.